[PyKDE] QScintilla and Qt4

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Jul 6 19:07:10 BST 2005

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:46:32, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:

>And you were 100% correct. It now "works", but is still using the qt3 support
>classes (I'll fix that eventually). And I'm getting this odd warning:
>QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent

Yes, you shouldn't paint onto widget outside paint events. In theory, there
should be plenty of ways to work around this, although it might mean a
certain amount of refactoring.

>There were only two QPainter::begin's ever called in the qscintilla source,
>and even after commenting them out, I still get the message. I've attempted
>to ask at #qt on freenode irc, but so far nothing. I'll join the Qt list and
>see if they have an answer.

I saw the follow-ups in the following thread:

http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2005-07/thread00187-0.html

Do you want to upload the partially ported code somewhere so that the rest
of us can take a look? We might be able to make some constructive comments.

David

Signup at www.doteasy.com