[PyKDE] QScintilla and Qt4

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 22:29:51 BST 2005

On July 5, 2005 03:11 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 July 2005 8:55 pm, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > I know the whole Qt4 thing has come up time and time again, but hopefully
> > my questions are a little different ;)
> >
> > How much work has already gone into porting Scintilla to Qt4?
>
> None.
>
> > If any has been done, would I be able to get my hands on it? I'd prefer
> > not to have to start from scratch ;)
> >
> > I'm assuming (hoping more like) that not much will actually have to be
> > done, maybe a few QPainter api differences (I haven't looked at depth
> > into the differences to the new painter api, hopefully its somewhat
> > compatable)
> >
> > I'm currently using qt3 for a little editor:
> > http://pic.tomasu.org/screenshots/sciq-07-05-05.png
> >
> > Was hoping to get it to work under qt4, but I have no idea how much work
> > it'll be to get QScintilla to work with it..
>
> I don't expect that it will take much work.

Well, so far its going ok, with the help of qt3to4 :) it found alot of things
it could automatically handle ;)

though right at this moment, QContextMenuEvent::isConsumed seems not to me
mentioned anywhere in the qt4 docs, or porting guide.

we shall see.

> Phil

Since It seems I'll have to do the work, is there any objections to packaging
qscintilla with my editor? Since I have no idea if my "work" will be fit for
inclusion in the standard distro :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at gmail.com