[PyKDE] Supported architectures?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Mon Jan 31 13:48:43 GMT 2005

Danny Pansters wrote:

>So I was wondering, are there any archs other than i386 formally supported? I
>noticed that for alpha and many others no Linux distribution provides any
>binary packages. I noticed that Gentoo supports ppc and x86 (which is I guess
>also ia64 and amd64?).

amd64 is considered a different architecture on Gentoo (it implies a
native 64-bit architecture, not 32-bit mode).  Eric runs properly from
ebuilds on Gentoo amd64 (it's where I use it), and since Detlev is good
at answering my questions about it I guess it's a supported platform :)
.  As to formally, only Detlev could answer that.

HTH,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder