[PyKDE] Small eric bug

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 09:10:58 GMT 2005

> Am Montag, 29. November 2004 20:28 schrieb jul:
>> Hi,
>> In last eric snapshot, a small bug still when using the utf8 encoding:
>> the middle click doesn't paste special characters corectly. Ctrl+V and
>> Drag&Drop commands works fine.
>>
>> As middle click is rather used under *nix systems, it would be nice to
>> correct this small and unpleasant bug.
>> Best regards,
>> ++
>> Jul.
>>

> Due to the fact that I don't do anything special (or rather anything at
> all)
> with the middle button click, I consider this a bug in QScintilla (or
> maybe
> even Scintilla). Maybe Phil can have a look.

I eventually got round to having a look...

I couldn't reproduce the problem with my simple ed.py script.

I could repeat the problem with the current eric snapshot. At the same
time, I could also see the problem with konsole.

I looked at the eric source - particularly at the reimplementation of
mousePressEvent() in Editor.py which calls the parent before the default
implementation for all buttons. In case this was doing something odd I
commented it out. The problem went away.

I restored what I'd commented out in order to prove this was really the
cause - but the problem didn't come back. konsole also seemed to be Ok.

I reset my X server - still no problem.

I can only conclude that this is a intermittant Qt problem.