[PyKDE] Eric3 install - Can't find libsip.so

Chris Dunscombe cdunscombe at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 12:08:32 GMT 2005

I'm trying to install eric3.5.1 on Linux (Suse 8.2). I've installed Sip 4.1.1, QScintilla 1.5 and
PyQt 3.12 all OK.

When trying to install eric it "can't find" libsip.so. I've looked on my system and there's a
sip.so in /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages and sip in /usr/local/bin but no libsip.so.

Is this a problem with eric not working with sip 4.1.1 or has the sip install not worked
correctly?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

PS I hope I've posted to the correct list as the eric website doesn't have it's own and suggests
using the PyKDE list