[PyKDE] KDE 3.4beta1 (no) support

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Jan 14 19:46:36 GMT 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 10:57, Simon Edwards wrote:
> On Friday 14 January 2005 08:52, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > Right now I'm shooting for cleaning some remaining PyKDE
> > problems/requests
>
> and
>
> > being ready to release a 3.4 compatible version as close to the shceduled
> > mid-March 3.4.0 release as possible.
> >
> > I can be convinced to do otherwise for a good reason (Simon?).
>
> My plans with the Py* copy in kdebindings are:
>
> 1) Make sure that it still works. :) The KDE devs have been playing around
> with the linker/library symbol visibility flags, so I expect trouble to
> show up in kdebindings. :(
>
> 2) Update the copy to the latest stable release of SIP, PyQt and PyKDE.
>
> 3) Have a go at adding support for srcdir!=builddir building.

You might want to pull config.py out of the latest snapshot on
riverbankcomputing. It has corrections to allow PyKDE to build against new
versions of KDE released after the PyKDE release (eg 3.4).

It won't pick up new methods, of course, but it will handle things like
missing extra/kde* directories and unknown version numbers, which is probably
enough to let PyKDE build in many cases.

Jim