[PyKDE] PyKDE snapshot for KDE 3.3.2/recent sip

Michael Franz Aigner amfranz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:15:15 GMT 2005

Hello,

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:42:14 -0800, Jim Bublitz <jbublitz at nwinternet.com> wrote:
> I've just sent a PyKDE snapshot (PyKDE-snapshot20050103.tar.gz) to Phil for
> posting at riverbankcomputing.co.uk. It should end up at:
>
> http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/download/snapshots/PyKDE/

Doesn't compile for me :(

My system is SuSE 9.2, KDE 3.3.2 installed from the RPMs provided by
SuSE at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.2

The error messages i get very early after calling 'make' are this:

In file included from sipkdecorepart0.cpp:24:
sip/kdecore/kkeyserver_x11.sip:27:28: kkeyserver_x11.h: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
In file included from sipkdecoreKAccel.h:38,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccelShortcutList.h:34,
                 from sipkdecorepart0.cpp:105:
sip/kdecore/kaccelaction.sip:30:26: kaccelaction.h: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
In file included from sipkdecoreKAccel.h:38,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccelShortcutList.h:34,
                 from sipkdecorepart0.cpp:105:
sipkdecoreKAccelAction.h:45: error: base class `KAccelAction' has
incomplete type
In file included from sipkdecoreKAccel.h:39,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccelShortcutList.h:34,
                 from sipkdecorepart0.cpp:105:
sip/kdecore/kaccelaction.sip:79:26: kaccelaction.h: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
In file included from sipkdecoreKAccelActions.h:31,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccel.h:39,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccelShortcutList.h:34,
                 from sipkdecorepart0.cpp:105:
sip/kdecore/kaccelbase.sip:30:24: kaccelbase.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis
nicht gefunden
In file included from sipkdecoreKAccelBase.h:32,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccelActions.h:31,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccel.h:39,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccelShortcutList.h:34,
                 from sipkdecorepart0.cpp:105:
sip/kdecore/kkeyserver_x11.sip:74:28: kkeyserver_x11.h: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
In file included from sipkdecoreKAccelActions.h:31,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccel.h:39,
                 from sipkdecoreKAccelShortcutList.h:34,

Just to rule out the obvious: I have installed all the -devel rpms.

The include files not found are kkeyserver_x11.h, kaccelaction.h and
kaccelbase.h. I investigated already a bit in the problem, and found
that these files are listed in the KDE Makefiles under noinst_HEADERS:
http://webcvs.kde.org/kdelibs/kdecore/Makefile.am?rev=1.349&view=markup

So, those three header files are never installed. I guess they are
just for internal use inside of KDE. I think it is a bug that PyKDE
includes them.

best regards,
Mike