[PyKDE] problem with exceptions within events

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Thu Feb 24 15:57:58 GMT 2005

Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer.com> wrote:

>>> I have attached a more practical example, that shows the problem in more
>>> detail.
>
> Thanks. I would call this a very serious bug.
>
> BTW, let me notice that this does *not only* happen with an explicit
> postEvent() call. Even though I am unable to reproduce it in a short
snippet
> at the moment, it happens also for other events (e.g. paintEvent) in my
> application. Just a few minutes ago I had to use the debugger and trace
step
> by step to find a typo error (raising an exception) within a paintGL()
> method, because it was *not* reported at all.
>
> There is something weird going on.

Some more information: I tried downgrading to my previous configuration (SIP
4.1.1, PyQt 3.13, Qt 3.3.2) and the problem does not occur anymore. I
verified that it does not occur in either my application or Ulrich's
testcase error_ui.py (after having tweaked for execution with old PyQt which
does not have enum types), so I will assume that error_ui is a faithful
reduction of my problem.

This confirms that this bug is a regression introduced between PyQt 3.13 and
3.14 (or SIP 4.1.1 and 4.2).
--
Giovanni Bajo