[PyKDE] PyQt v4 Roadmap

Longson, Joe Joe.Longson at disney.com
Fri Feb 18 16:02:47 GMT 2005

I think we are all arguing from the same side of the issue.

I agree that namespaces are important, I'm just asking several questions:

1.   Why add an additional namespace for qt4 related functionality (we
didn't do this for qt3)?  In terms of code maintainability, it will
actually save me time if I did "from qt import *" instead of "import
qt", since I would have to change lines of code.

2.   Why are we assuming that we need to be able to use both qt3 and qt4
in the same enviroment???

Joe

--
Joe Longson