[PyKDE] PyQT module size

Brian Thomason brian.thomason at linspireinc.com
Thu Feb 17 19:47:19 GMT 2005

We've been using PyQT/PyKDE here at Linspire for some time now to
develop a handful of applications.  One of these is Lsongs, and it has
grown quite large and has a very large memory footprint.  We're trying
to reduce this a bit in various ways (switching to gstreamer from
libxine for instance) and I was curious if there was a way to reduce the
footprint size of pyqt/pykde.  The shared object files themselves are
quite large - Larger than their C++ counterparts.

I'm totally ignorant on python bindings so this may just be "the way it
is" and that's fine.  Just curious if there's a way to "shrink" these
down a bit.

Thanks,

-Brian
--

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the
addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone