[PyKDE] python extension using pyqt: unresolved external symbol

Paul Rigor paulrigor.newsletter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 23:12:05 GMT 2005

Paul Rigor wrote:

> Phil Thompson wrote:
>
>> These are seem to be related to moc generated functions that should
>> be in
>> your C++ library.
>>
>> Phil
>>

> Hi again,
> I updated the library incorporating the moc obj and my custom obj.  I
> still receive the same errors.  Has anyone out there encountered
> similar issues?
> Thanks!
> Paul

Problem solved...

For anyone working with Visual C++ .Net, for some reason using the std
namespace requires you to specify that region of code to be unmanaged
using "#pragma unmanaged" before using std::blah-blah-blah objects.

Also, you'll need to precompile the header files as described in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_creating_precompiled_header_files.asp

Happy PyQt/Sipping!
Paul