[PyKDE] ANN: SIP v4.2rc2 Released

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Tue Feb 15 01:15:39 GMT 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:29:18PM -0300, Nahuel Greco wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:04:19 +0000
> Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I would appreciate it if anybody who experienced problems with v4.2rc1 would
> > let me know that those problems have now been fixed.
> >

> I think I found a big memory leak in the PyQT version that is packaged with
> Debian, I don't know if is present in the latest SIP/PyQT release, see the
> report / test script here:
>
> 	http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=293087

There's missing in the bug report some test that Nahuel and me have been
doing on private. We've found that his script consistently leaks memory
(it seems unrelated to Python -> C++ transference because he's not
assigning the QDialogs to a parent, but it just can be my poor
knowledgment of sip/PyQt internals).

I _think_ I've found a leakage on Debian's packaged version of Qt (3.3.3)
that could be aggravating the behaviour seen on PyQt, but that could be
just a completely unrelated question.

PS: I'm sorry for not having this reported before; I'm just in the
    middle of some finals.