[PyKDE] UI on the fly - in Python

Eli Yukelzon reflog at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 08:11:15 GMT 2005

Hi Torsten!

The solution you provided looks amazing, though it seems there should
be a lot of work ahead to support all kinds of properties... But it
would be awesome to see this progress, since having a Python-ish
transparent and clear solution for loading UI files, instead of
QWidgetFactory would be really great.

If you plan to keep hacking on this, and maybe seek some help - count me in :)

Eli

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:46:23 +0100, Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> working Eli's problems, I was curious to try out something different regarding
> on-the-fly UI creation. I've attached today's results. It only works with the
> attached designer file (it's a regular one, but nothing else is tested so far)
> and needs cElementTree to run (something else I wanted to try out).
> There's no support for connections yet and most of the code is hacked - I just
> wanted it to work for now. Creating a better way of reading constructor
> arguments is just one point, configuring where to load the widgets from another
> (want to have your subclassed QListView used transparently? No problemo...)
> Anyway, enjoy. If there's enough interest, I'll make it a project.
>
> greetings
>
> Torsten
>
> PS: Please no complaints about the rather longish functions - refactoring is a
> good friend
> --
> Torsten Marek <shlomme at gmx.net>
> ID: A244C858 -- FP: 1902 0002 5DFC 856B F146  894C 7CC5 451E A244 C858
> Keyserver: subkeys.pgp.net
>

>  BeBibuForm BeBibuForm 0 0 266 100 Das herrscht.... unnamed textLabel1 Be spacer1 Horizontal Expanding 50 31 lineEdit1 Bi pushButton1 Bu

2B OR NOT 2B = FF