[PyKDE] Re: where is KStdAccel::New?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Feb 4 18:56:46 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 10:15, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> Jim Bublitz wrote:
> > This should work:
> >
> > from kdecore import KStdAccel
> > from kdeui import KAction, KMainWindow
>
> Ahh, thank you...there it is!
>
> > KStdAccel is in the kdecore section in the PyKDE docs (which just lists
> > the available members in Python syntax). The copy of the KDE API docs I
> > looked at didn't include KStdAccel - you could file a bug report with
> > them if that's still the case.
>
> There are PyKDE docs??  Where??  rpm -ql PyKDE doesn't list any installed
> and http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pykde/index.php doesn't show any
> either.  The wiki just has tutorials/examples for IOSlaves, KParts, and a
> few other things.
>
> > This is easier:  ...
>
> Yeah, thats what I ended up using, but I still wanted to know about
> KStdAccel just to know.
>
> --
>
> Thanks for your help.

Download the PyKDE tarball from riverbank - you don't have to recompile or
reinstall, but there are html docs in the doc/ directory, a few examples in
examples/, and a few program templates in templates/.

I'm not sure how the packagers handle all of that stuff - I don't get too
involved in that part of it.

The PyKDE docs are pretty sparse - they mostly just tell you what's
implemented (nearly everything) and what's not, and give you the Python
syntax, which is different for a lot of methods (signal/slot arguments, lists
or dicts or tuples as args or return values, etc). You won't find much app
related stuff there, but KDE docs are usable for that.

I'm always happy to include contributed docs or examples :)

Jim