[PyKDE] Re: Resp.: eric3 still not working with recent PyQt and sip snapshots

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Dec 31 14:24:31 GMT 2005

Am Samstag, 31. Dezember 2005 15:00 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 31.12.05 05:27:26, Douglas Andrade wrote:
> > It is not working to me. Here is the message:
> >
> > [douglas at ressonance ~]$ eric3
> > Warning: translation file 'qt_en_US'could not be loaded.
> > Using default.
> > Warning: translation file 'eric3_en_US'could not be loaded.
> > Using default.
> > Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_US'could not be loaded.
> > Using default.
> > RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
> > RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
> > RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
> >
> > Im using QextScintilla snapshot and eric3 snapshot.
>
> Right, didn't look into the xterm after creating a new File :-)
>
> So there's still a serious problem with eric3, pyqt or sip snapshots.

It seems that the recursion happens in the following method.

    def event(self, evt):
        """
        Protected method called to process an event.

        This implements special handling for the events showMaximized,
        showMinimized and showNormal. The windows caption is shortened
        for the minimized mode and reset to the full filename for the
        other modes. This is to make the editor windows work nicer
        with the QWorkspace.

        @param evt the event, that was generated (QEvent)
        @return flag indicating if the event could be processed (bool)
        """
        print "event"
        if self.fileName is not None and \
           evt.type() in [QEvent.ShowMaximized, QEvent.ShowNormal,
QEvent.ShowMinimized]:
            if evt.type() == QEvent.ShowMinimized:
                cap = os.path.basename(self.fileName)
            else:
                cap = self.fileName
            if self.isReadOnly():
                cap = "%s (ro)" % cap
            self.setCaption(cap)

        return QextScintillaCompat.event(self, evt)

I still suspect sip to cause this endless recursion. If I am wrong, please
Phil point me to the right spot because I cannot see an error right now (that
doesn't mean there might not be one, I just haven't spotted it).

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de