[PyKDE] eric3 snapshot not working

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Dec 30 09:29:15 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2005 20:18 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 29.12.05 19:06:51, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > I am back online. Could you send me the message showing where it gets
> > into a self recursion.
>
> Thats a bit much for inline posting, thus I'm attaching it.
>
> Also, do you have an idea why it doesn't work with Python 2.3.5, see
> earlier error message by me. Seems to me like QextScintilla gets called
> the wrong way.
>
> Personally I don't really care if I have to use python 2.3 or 2.4,
> either is ok.
>
> Andreas

Hi,

after having analyzed the error messages a bit more (after installing the
latest sip and PyQt3 snapshots), I have the impression, that it is a problem
in sip (or PyQt).

1. Message:
  File
"/home/andreas/python2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/QScintilla/Shell.py",
line 1122, in eventFilter
    if evtType == QEvent.DragEnter:
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp

The __cmp__ method is not reimplemented anywhere within eric3. I have no clue,
how the comparison could get into an infinite recursion.

2. Message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/andreas/python2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/UI/LogView.py",
line 335, in resizeEvent
    self.setupScrollBars()
  File
"/home/andreas/python2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eric3/UI/LogView.py",
line 290, in setupScrollBars
    viewport = self.getActualViewport()
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

That happens in a overridden method, that is:

    def resizeEvent(self, evt):
        """
        Reimplemented to set the scrollbar sizes.

        @param evt resize event (QResizeEvent)
        """
        QFrame.resizeEvent(self, evt)
        self.setupScrollBars()

Here I get the impression as if it might be called again from
QFrame.resizeEvent(self).

Maybe Phil can help to clarify the problem further.

Regards,
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach