[PyKDE] eric3 and PyQt4

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Dec 23 07:29:24 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2005 21:35 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Hi,
>
> just a few questions about eric3:
>
> 1. is there some kind of handbook? I found the help but that seems more
> like api documentation not a users handbook...

Unfortunately not. Do you know anybody who would volunteer?

> 2. How do I get eric3 to execute my PyQt4 app with a different python -
> I have PyQt4 running under python2.4.

1. You could setup a project and use project specific debugger settings (s.
Project Menu -> Debugger -> Debugger Properties.
2. You could change the global settings to use the PyQt4 python, but then all
non PyQt4 scripts won't run anymore.

> 3. Is there already support for pyrcc4 and pyuic4 ?

pyuic4 is included in the latest snapshot (released yesterday). That is used
transparently, if a project is of type Qt4. For these project types, all Qt4
stuff is called.
pyrcc4 is not yet supported. That could be put on the agenda for the time
after Christmas.

> That's all for now.
>
> Andreas

Regards,