[PyKDE] about dcopclients

Orcan Ogetbil orcan at psu.edu
Thu Dec 22 20:21:27 GMT 2005

Hello,
I used to use this code to create a dcop client for my superkaramba widget. It
used to wok fine, but after upgrading my PyKDE and PyQt it stopped working,

[code]
import dcop
import kdecore
temp = kdecore.KApplication.kApplication()
dcopclient = temp.dcopClient()
dcopclient.registerAs("amarokapp")
dcopclient.rc = dcop.DCOPRef("amarok", "player")
[/code]

It gives this error message:

[message]
$ python example.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "example.py", line 4, in ?
    dcopclient = temp.dcopClient()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'dcopClient'
[/message]

What is wrong? Is the syntax changed in the last version of PyKDE?
I have Fedora Core 4 and the following versions of PyKDE , PyQt and sip

PyKDE-3.11.4-0.3.20051013.fc4.kde
PyQt-3.15.1-0.1.fc4.kde
sip-4.3.2-0.1.fc4.kde

These are rpm packages from apt.kde-redhat.org

Can someone point me where I am wrong?
Thanks!

--
Orcan Ogetbil <oogetbil at phys.psu.edu>