[PyKDE] Eric3 File Open problem under Windows

HOWARD GOLDEN Howard_Golden-NR at raytheon.com
Fri Dec 2 01:30:37 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm having the following problem trying to open a Python file from Eric3's
File Open... menu:

I select the file name from the dialog box. Then I get a message that the
file can't be opened. However the file name that the message refers to is
the file name with an extra directory level added in, e.g., I try to open
C:\x\test.py and the error message says that C:\x\test.py\test.py can't be
opened. So it appears that the file name from the dialog is being added to
the full file name, not just the directory name.

Note: The Open Recent Files and Open Bookmarked Files features work
correctly.

I am running the binary Eric 3.8.0 on Windows XP, using the free Qt
version. The other version numbers are: ActiveState Python 2.4.1, Qt
3.3.4, PyQt 3.13, sip 4.1.1, QScintilla 1.5.1.

Suggestions for troubleshooting are welcome. Thanks!

Cheers,

Howard B. Golden