[PyKDE] PyQt4 Update

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Dec 3 17:35:35 GMT 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 22:34:41, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Tonight's PyQt4 snapshot has the QtGui module 99% complete. This means
> PyQt4 is now officially useful, but note the following...
>
> - untested on Windows
> - untested against Qt v4.1
> - untested against GCC v4
>
> The Qt tutorials have been ported to Python as has the application.py
> example. A really useful thing for people to do now would be to port as
> many of the other Qt examples as possible and send them to me for
> inclusion. Please follow the coding style I've used.

I've been looking at the examples in the "widgets" subdirectory, and
converting them in alphabetical order. One issue that's arisen so far is
that the QComboBox wrapper is missing a clear() slot.

I expect I'll find some interesting issues with the "itemviews" examples.
For example, I played with the classes interactively and found that
QStringListModel appears to be wrapped as an abstract class. There also
seemed to be some problems with the default implementations of methods in
QAbstractListModel subclasses, but I'll have to explore that later.

David