[PyKDE] PyKDE

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Aug 10 18:21:54 BST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 05:47, Ryan wrote:
> Im trying to install PyKDE but I have problems with the Mandrake RPM's
> and when I install from source it says,
> sip: Unable to find file "qt/qtmod.sip"
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
> Is this due to the versions of SIP/KDE/QT that I have installed?

From output.txt:

    PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip

That indicates you have the necessary sipconfig.py and pyqtconfig.py files
installed.

Check /usr/share/sip for a qt/ subdirectory, and if it's there it should
contain a large number of *.sip files, including qtmod.sip. If the sip files
aren't there, you should be able to d/l the PyQt tarball from
http://riverbancomputing.co.uk and just copy the *.sip files
to /usr/share/sip (several subdirectories qt/, qtxml/, etc). It shouldn't be
necessary to recompile sip or PyQt.

Either the *.sip files weren't installed, or they're located someplace else.
configure.py doesn't search for these files - it relies on *config.py from
sip and PyQt installs to find them.

Jim