[PyKDE] pickle.dump and QString

Aurel (DustyDingo) W. aurel.w at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:30:38 BST 2005

I had the same problem some weeks ago, i was dumping strings with the
pickle modul.
As far as i can remember i had no problems with dumping a QString, but
i also had to use python strings to dump it because all other parts of
my programm used them (when loading from the dumped file).

So i made the following (it works for me but i can't ensure anything):

#newtype is a type which saves every information in a python string
newtype.name = unicode(self.nameEdit.text()).encode('iso-8859-15', 'replace')
#....the same with other values....

after that i dumped a list of types to a file. Umlauts worked fine.

The complete file: http://phpfi.com/72866
The complete program: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=26973

I hop that this can help you, DustyDingo.