[PyKDE] pyke install error

Gumby gumby at ultimate.kicks-ass.net
Wed Aug 3 08:12:57 BST 2005

On July 31, 2005 10:55 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> On Sunday 31 July 2005 14:51, Gumby wrote:
> > >Generating the C++ source for the dcop module...
> > >Error: Unable to create the dcop directory.
>
> My first guesses would be that either you aren't running configure.py as a
> user who has the necessary permissions to create directories under the
> PyKDE directory, or you did a previous run of configure.py as root or a
> different user and can't delete the previously created directories.  -
> either way, it looks like a permission problem.
>
> Jim

well, I tried the same as root <python configure.py> and it looks like I get
past the permission error, but I now fail on....

Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
sip: KLockFile::Ptr is undefined
Error: Unable to create the C++ code

Google only retruns an entry on the mailing list with no solution.

Any guesses on this one?

Gumby