[PyKDE] PythonQt Eric3 issues

Andreas Pauley andreasp+pykde at qbcon.com
Thu Apr 28 15:12:44 BST 2005

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Eric van Riet Paap wrote:

>  It appears that Eric3 is not always installed the first time. I am
>  currently working on this. If Eric3 will not start from the windows
>  start menu in yur case. Please install PythonQt again.
>
>  Eric

After installation my eric3 did not work because the shortcut to eric3.py did
not exist.
I copied PythonQt\eric3\eric to the site-packages, and renamed "eric" to
"eric3".
(I also had to modify the PATH because another python version was already
installed on this system.)

After doing that I was able to start eric3 from a command prompt (haven't tried
the shortcut yet, because I haven't fixed the path globally yet)

Thanks for your effort with this, I'm hoping this will help with the adoption
of Python among our Windows users.

This is the output I get when running eric3.py (this is on a Windows 2000
Professional test machine):

"""
C:\PythonQt\Lib\site-packages\eric3>python eric3.py
Warning: translation file 'qt_en_US'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'eric3_en_US'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_US'could not be loaded.
Using default.
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "break.png" in the mime source
facto
ry
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "cBreak.png" in the mime source
fact
ory
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "tBreak.png" in the mime source
fact
ory
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "tCBreak.png" in the mime source
fac
tory
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "breakDisabled.png" in the mime
sour
ce factory
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "bookmark.png" in the mime source
fa
ctory
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "syntaxError.png" in the mime
source
  factory
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "notcovered.png" in the mime source
factory
QPixmap::fromMimeSource: Cannot find pixmap "fileModified.png" in the mime
sourc
e factory
C:\PythonQT\python.exe: can't open file '.\Debugger\DebugClient.py': [Errno 2]
o such file or directory
"""