[PyKDE] exported symbols - all or none?

Anthony Heading aheading at jpmorgan.com
Tue Apr 26 00:20:35 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm just porting our code from SIP v3 to v4.2.1.  So far, very pleasant
to see how much cleaner the new version is.

One difficultly that I've just hit, however, is where our
code was linking with the qt sip dlls (for example to access the
sipForceConvertTo_QSomething functions).  I note that none of these
functions stuff are exported any more unless one exports all symbols.

So for now I'm just hacking the sip code generator, to put
__declspec(dllexport) in front of the sipType_QSomething definitions.
I imagine if that works one could platform-generalize it slightly by using
the Python DL_EXPORT macro instead, or similar.  (Given that GCC 4 has
just gained similar syntax using __attribute__ visibility, that will have
the potential to cover the principal platforms that [at least] I care about).

Is there any better solution that I'm missing here?  Or if not, is there any
plan to support a reduced core set of exported symbols from the sip dlls?

Thanks

Anthony

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended
as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial
instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices,
data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and
do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates