[PyKDE] pyuic doesn't import kde modules

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Thu Apr 7 14:29:36 BST 2005

> As $subject says, pyuic does not seem to be aware of the fact that kde
> modules are needed when compiling .ui files that are using KDE widgets. To
> reproduce it:
<snip>
> I came across this when designing a GUI (d'oh!), as soon as I added the
> first KDE widget, I had to manually add the missing includes before I was
> able to test. Did I miss something?

In qt-designer you can add a form-comment that starts with Python: - all that
follows will be copied literally into the generated source. So that's the
place to put import kde statements. No idea how that works with kdevdesigner,
didn't use it. But if its based on qt-designer, it will work.

Diez