[PyKDE] Eric: another DTD-reference error pops up

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Tue Sep 28 01:17:14 BST 2004

Okay, I think I have tracked down what's causing the problem, but I
don't use PyXML enough to know how to suggest you fix/avoid the
problem.  Here's a little quote from PyXML's drv_xmlproc.py:

# Todo
# - EntityResolver
# - as much as possible of LexicalHandler

and sure enough, that's the sax parser that gets loaded by Eric:

    Parser: <xml.sax.drivers2.drv_xmlproc.XmlprocDriver instance at
0x2a9ab2af38>

I would think you could alter make_parser to specify a known-good parser
(i.e. one with entity-resolution), but again, don't really use PyXML
enough to advise as to how to accomplish it.

HTH,
Mike

For reference, the installed version of PyXML is:
    dev-python/pyxml-0.8.2
from the Gentoo ebuild.

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
<asking me to try to track down the problem on my end>

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
  http://www.vrplumber.com
  http://blog.vrplumber.com