[PyKDE] Error on creating a project from CVS

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Sat Sep 25 20:02:03 BST 2004

Checking out a project from CVS, I selected "yes, create a new project
file", and was told that the (newly created) project file had invalid
contents, clicked on Abort (only option) and received this error:

[XML Parse messages]

Fatal Error
/home/mcfletch/pylive/twistedsnmp/TwistedSNMP.e3p
Line: 2, Column: 44
Couldn't open resource '/home/mcfletch/pylive/twistedsnmp/Project-3.5.dtd'
------

This is with a snapshot downloaded yesterday running on Python 2.3.4
w/pyxml 0.8.2 installed.  Looks like there's a system DTD reference:

    <!DOCTYPE Project SYSTEM "Project-3.5.dtd">

which should likely be using either a URL system reference (not ideal,
as it would cause Eric to download files), or an absolute system
reference on the filesystem... or... possibly set up a catalog for the
XML parser, though darned if I know how to do that for pyxml.

Enjoy,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder