[PyKDE] ANN: SIP v4.1.1 and v3.11.1 Released

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Sep 24 20:03:48 BST 2004

On Friday 24 September 2004 11:04, gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:06:59 +0100, Phil Thompson wrote
>
> > SIP v4.1.1 and v3.11.1 have been released.  These are just bug fix
> > releases required to build PyKDE. Apologies for the inconvenience.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Unless I apply the attached patch, I still have with SIP-4.1.1 (4.1.1-255):
>
> Qt version is 3.2.3
>
> PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip
> PyQt version is 3.13 (3.13.0)
>
> KDE base directory is /usr
> KDE include directory is /usr/include
> KDE lib directory is /usr/lib
> KDE version is 3.2.0 (0x30200)
>
> PyKDE modules will be installed in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages
> PyKDE .sip files will be installed in /usr/share/sip
>
> PyKDE modules to be built:
>    dcop kdecore kdesu kdefx kdeui kio kfile kparts khtml kspell kdeprint
> kmdi
>
> Generating the C++ source for the dcop module...
> Creating the Makefile for the dcop module...
>
> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> Creating the Makefile for the kdecore module...
>
> Generating the C++ source for the kdesu module...
> Creating the Makefile for the kdesu module...
>
> Generating the C++ source for the kdefx module...
> Creating the Makefile for the kdefx module...
>
> Generating the C++ source for the kdeui module...
> sip: sip/kdeui/kactioncollection.sip:105: A function with the same Python
> signature has already been defined
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

The error will probably only occur with 3.2.0 <= KDE <=3.2.2.

That's an error in the kactioncollection.sip file. Just below the two lines
you're commenting out are a couple of typedefs:

    typedef QValueList<KAction*> KActionPtrList;

and the two methods you're commenting out are declared earlier in the class as
returning KActionPtrList.

I'll fix this for the next release - you're patch should be a perfectly good
solution.

The newly released sip versions should take care of all of the other problems.

Jim