[PyKDE] Starting a project in PyKDE

Joseph Rawson umeboshi at gregscomputerservice.com
Thu Sep 23 15:59:45 BST 2004

Hello,

My project is named Konsultant, and it is a simple database application for a
small team of consultants to manage clients and tickets.  There is not much
more than a main window and a couple of dialogs right now.  I am trying to
concentrate on making some of the base layout and objects, to make it easier
to maintain and work with.

The project is located at http://developer.berlios.de/projects/konsultant

I have just started programming in PyKDE.  I have been using pygtk since
around year 2000.  I have decided for various reasons to leave the GNOME
environment for KDE.  I have been searching the web for tutorials, docs,
applications, etc.  While I have found a wealth of information on pyqt, there
is not as much I for pykde specifically.  What I have been searching for is a
skeleton or example of a full pykde application to work from.

There are a couple of things that I am having serious trouble getting to work,
or even understanding it enough to know why it's not working.  One of these
problems is the many KConfig objects.  This is one of the places that the
pyqt information doesn't do me any good.  The KSimpleConfig object seems to
work fine, but I can't get the KConfigSkeleton, the KConfigDialogManager and
the KConfigDialog to work together or work with the KSimpleConfig object.

If somebody could point me in the right direction to find what i'm looking
for, I would be grateful.

Thank You
Joseph Rawson