[PyKDE] Undefined symbol _ZN10KCatalogueC1ERK7QString

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu Sep 23 07:25:57 BST 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 23:00, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> Jim Bublitz wrote:
> >It seems to be a problem with KDE 3.3 beta versions - there's a change in
> > the argument list for the constructor that's causing the undefined
> > symbol. What version of KDE do you have installed?
>
> Oh, sorry. I had forgotten. I have 3.3 final, but unofficial from the
> apt repository:
>
>    ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.1-i386

I don't have a copy of the source or libs for that.  You'd need to check the
source or use nm -C with the lib to see which KCatalogue ctor is expected.
If your KDE version is expecting a different ctor, you'd need to modify
kcatalogue.sip to match what your version expects.

KDE >= 3.3.0 expects KCatalogue (QString&, QString&)
KDE < 3.3.0 expects KCatalogue (QString)

PyKDE should be consistent with the source code from kde.org. Distributions
sometimes differ from that. One unresolved symbol is enough to prevent the
kdecore module from loading.

The other possibility is that your KDE version is not reporting it's version
correctly - see what pykdeconfig.py has  for the KDE version or what
configure.py finds when you run it. For some reason, your PyKDE build is
expecting the older ctor version, and configure.py finding the wrong KDE
version somehow might cause that.

In any case, PyKDE appears to be correct in this case, unless it's screwing up
the versioning somehow (but that would likely show up a lot more errors).

Jim