[PyKDE] PyKDE can't find lbitqt-mt in installion

arkar kyaw win ngan_yine at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 08:37:36 BST 2004

Hi
   My name is arkar and I am trying to install PyKDE .I had sucess
with sip and PyQT but when I intall PyKDE it show this error that
PyKDE need libqt-mt to install .PyKDE configure script can find my
sip and PyQT and QTDIR but it fail to find the libqt-mt .When I check
the QT folder ,I can find the libqt-mt but my database search program
found the libqt-mt in /usr/lib/qt-3.3.2 instance of /usr/lib/qt so I
recomplie the sip and PyQT after changing my QTDIR variable .I manage
to install them with new
QTDIR and it recongise but still when I try to instll pyKDE it still
shown the same error but with differenc QTDIR .I know that this
properly a very stupid newbie question but I can't seen to find any
answer in mail archive .So please tell me what to do;
Here is the output file from the shell I try to install
 PyKDE version 3.11.3
           -------

Python include directory is /usr/include/python2.3
Python version is 2.3.4

sip version is 4.1 (4.1.0)

Qt directory is /usr/lib/qt-3.3.2/
Qt version is 3.3.2

PyQt directory is /usr/share/sip
PyQt version is 3.12 (3.12.0)

Error: PyKDE requires a threaded Qt version (libqt-mt)

If reporting errors, paste all of the output above into your
message and post to the PyKDE mailing list at:

     mailto:    PyKDE at mats.imk.fraunhofer.de

You can redirect the output into a file (> output.txt) if needed
ps:I use slackware 10 and install them from source code.
Hope to solve the problem soon!!
thanks!!