[PyKDE] RE: I got an error while compiling kdebinding3.3, Can I got help from you?

Andreas Steinmetz ast at domdv.de
Mon Sep 20 00:36:07 BST 2004

I did come across the same problem. The thing is I do have old kde
versions hanging around (at least 3.1.1 and 3.1.3). Now the python
configure script doesn't use the current version to be built (3.3) but
somehow manages to access one of the old versions via python.
Well, I know nothing about python, I'm just building kde. The only way
to get around the problem for me was to move the old kde directories out
of the way and to do soft links with the old directory names to the new
kde installation. This way I do get past the problem.
I don't think the python configure script should work the way it does to
detect the kde version and installation directory.
Please CC me on replies, as I'm not subscribed.
Andreas Steinmetz                       SPAMmers use robotrap at domdv.de