[PyKDE] ANN: QScintilla v1.4 Released

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Sep 18 18:04:38 BST 2004

Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Friday 17 September 2004 6:43 pm, Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>>Rex Dieter wrote:

>>>Updated patch that also avoids linking against a possibly different
>>>system-provided libqscintilla (which bit me too)
>>
>>OK, here's a patch that actually works (I should have let the build
>>finish before sending that last one.
>>
>>Though this one can't avoid linking against a different system-provided
>>libqscintilla.  (Problem being that -L($QTDIR)/lib seems to *always*
>>come before any libdir I specify... grr...)
>

> Which means that it would use new, non-installed headers files and an old,
> installed library, which is very broken.

It's less broken than as is, which used *both* old headers and old
library when installing to a non-system location, which is required for
packaging.

When not installing to a non-system location, yes, it uses non-installed
headers, and the library that was *just* installed, which also isn't a
problem.

Perhaps the patch could be modified to use the just-installed headers
too, using $(DESTDIR) similar to how I used it for finding the library.
  At least it would then be more consistent.

-- Rex

-- Rex