[PyKDE] Debian Sarge Install

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Sun Sep 12 12:07:57 BST 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 07:12:40PM -0700, Cousin Stanley wrote:
> Greetings ....

Hi Stanley,

>     I've installed  PyQt  for  Python2.3 and am now interested
>     in installing  PyKDE  under Linux/Debian/Sarge,
>     but only found a package for the Debian/Sid version
>     after quite a bit of searching ....
>
>     Is there a  PyKDE  package available for Debian/Sarge ?

No, I'm afraid it isn't, at least not an official one. I tried to make
it enter Sarge, but we are on a "freeze" phase right now, and due to a
mix of my super-slacking skills and really of bad luck (ie: someone
uploaded Qt 3.3 when I wasn't looking), it won't be possible at all.

>     Assuming all other dependencies are met,
>     If I can locate a copy of the missing  pyqtconfig.py  file,
>     will this lead to a successful  PyKDE  build
>     under Debian/Sarge ?
>
>     Any clues or information would be greatly appreciated ....

You can build the package for Sarge, and install the .deb, but to be able
to do so, you need to change some building info con the control file.
I'll have spare time after this next tuesday, and then I'll build a set
of packages for sarge (latest sip, PyQt, PyKDE builds) and let you know.