[PyKDE] Custom QScrollBar'ed widgets

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Fri Sep 3 13:13:46 BST 2004

I heard Gordon Tyler said:

> Have a look at QScrollView:
> http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qscrollview.html
>
> The Detailed Description section should give you the information you
> need for scrolling custom widgets.

Thank you, but this won't do. I'd need to attach the scrollbar to a
custom widget, *not all* of which will scroll, hence making QScrollView
useless for this case. Basically, instead of a viewport, the widget
would have a QVBox containing several subwidgets, the actual viewport
being only one of those.

I don't know if overriding the viewport can be done directly, so I've
tried going for another approach, where I manually attach an
independant QScrollBar to my custom widget. But I still need to know
how to sync the scrollbar to the widget's viewport. :)

Thanks,

-- S.