[PyKDE] Buling PyQt into Python: Errors

Hihn, Jason Jason.Hihn at verint.com
Thu Oct 21 14:53:58 BST 2004

Ah, ok. I got it mostly working.

I get errors on qtext and qtgl modules. I guess they weren't built by
PyQt for some reason...

Now I get one final error:
case $MAKEFLAGS in \
*-s*)  CC='gcc -pthread' LDSHARED='gcc -pthread -shared' OPT='-DNDEBUG
-g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes' ./python -E ./setup.py -q build;; \
*)  CC='gcc -pthread' LDSHARED='gcc -pthread -shared' OPT='-DNDEBUG -g
-O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes' ./python -E ./setup.py build;; \
esac
./python: relocation error: ./python: undefined symbol:
_ZTI13QSplashScreen
make: *** [sharedmods] Error 127

I am compiling against Qt-x11-commercial-3.3.3

Any ideas?

But
> > I don't see where they are specified.
>
> No, "add the macros" means define them. The standard Python
configuration
> knows nothing about PyQt.
>
> Phil

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail. (1)