[PyKDE] Need User Input

Bob rgnews at speakeasy.net
Fri Oct 15 19:35:09 BST 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 12:10 pm, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> Roberto Alsina pointed out to me that some distributions identify
> themselves in /etc/*release files. For example, on my system I have
> /etc/SuSE-release and /etc/lsb-release files.
>
> Could a few people check and see if other distributions do the same, and
> which of the files are present?
>
> Specifically, I need the name of any /etc/*release files on your system,
> and if /etc/lsb-release is present, if it includes the name and version of
> the distribution being used.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

On Fedora Core 2:

ls /etc/*release*
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 33 May 11 13:10 /etc/fedora-release
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  8 Mar  9  2004 /etc/krud-release
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 14 May 20 15:37 /etc/redhat-release -> fedora-release

krud-release is there because I used to use it to update Fedora.

cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)

cat /etc/krud-release
2004-03