[PyKDE] The tablet event, it works not!

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Mon Oct 18 05:32:34 BST 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 6:42 am, Sundance wrote:
> I heard Kaleb Pederson said:
> > Ok.  I would probably only look at Qt as it sounds like it's the
> > culprit. Could Python or your C++ program have linked to a different
> > version of Qt that didn't have tablet support?
>
> Package management makes it very, very unlikely. I've doublechecked, to
> be certain, and it's indeed the correct version of Qt that is being
> used. May I ask which Wacom drivers you're using, just out of
> curiosity? It might be that those I use break Qt support, for some
> weird reason.

I'm just using the standard X wacom drivers and the wacom module provided with
the 2.4.27 kernel.  I checked wacdump from linuxwacom to make sure everything
was coming through before trying any of the programs.  The linuxwacom drivers
are supposed to work even better, so you shouldn't have a problem using that
as an X driver, given that you indicated it worked with gimp.  I'm not yet
using X.org, just the standard XFree86 drivers.

> Thank you loads and loads for your time, Kaleb. :)

No problem.

--Kaleb