[PyKDE] Eric3: Code coverage.

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Oct 16 19:27:49 BST 2004

Am Samstag, 16. Oktober 2004 18:44 schrieb Simon Edwards:
> On Saturday 16 October 2004 14:07, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 16. Oktober 2004 13:27 schrieb Simon Edwards:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > Can anyone explain how to use the code coverage tool in Eric3?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> >
> > Just run your program with code coverage analysis and after it is
> > finished view the collected data via the respective entry in the "Show"
> > submenu of
>
> the
>
> > project menu, the source browser or the editor context menu.
>
> Ok, I couldn't use the menu entry on the Project menu, but I see the
> context menu now. (Really, everything that is available on a context menu
> should also be available on a normal menu.)

You can use the entry in the project menu, if your project has a main script
defined. It is this script, that gets executed and determines the name of the
project coverage file.

> Are there any plans to build the coverage results directly into the editor?
> cruising around the source with the coverage info right in with it would be
> awesome.

This functionality is already there. In the "Show coverage" dialog open the
context menu and select "Annotate". This produces a file with the
extension ,cover. This file has the lines marked with some characters telling
you the coverage status. You may open this file in the editor.

> cheers,

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach