[PyKDE] Error compiling PyQt 3.13

gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Thu Oct 14 21:06:52 BST 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:39:46 +0200, Maurizio Colucci wrote
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install PyQt (and PyKDE, hopefully) on mandrake 10.1
> community (since sadly there are no RPM packages available).
>
> I have installed the latest versions of qscintilla and sip by hand,
> following the READMEs to the letter.
>
> But PyQt won't compile. I have tried three different compilers (gcc
> 3.3.4, gcc 3.4.1, gcc 4.0.0), and they all give a similar error:
>
> [root at dhcppc0 PyQt-x11-gpl-3.13]# python configure.py
> This is the GPL version of PyQt 3.13 (licensed under the GNU General
> Public License) for Python 2.3.4 on linux2.
>
> Type 'L' to view the license.
> Type 'yes' to accept the terms of the license.
> Type 'no' to decline the terms of the license.
>
> Do you accept the terms of the license? yes
> SIP 4.1.1 is being used.
> QScintilla 1.4 is being used.
> Checking to see if the qtcanvas module should be built...
> Checking to see if the qtnetwork module should be built...
> Checking to see if the qttable module should be built...
> Checking to see if the qtxml module should be built...
> Checking to see if the qtgl module should be built...
> Checking to see if the qtui module should be built...
> Checking to see if the qtsql module should be built...
> Checking to see if the qtext module should be built...
> Checking to see if the QAssistantClient class is available...
> Using existing features file.
> These PyQt modules will be built: qt qtcanvas qtnetwork qttable
> qtxml qtui qtsql qtext. Support for these Qt classes has been
> disabled: . The PyQt modules will be installed in
> /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages. The PyQt .sip files will be
> installed in /usr/share/sip. pyuic will be installed in /usr/bin.
> pylupdate will be installed in /usr/bin. Generating the C++ source
> for the qt module... Creating the Makefile for the qt module...
> Generating the C++ source for the qtext module... Creating the
> Makefile for the qtext module... Generating the C++ source for the
> qtsql module... Creating the Makefile for the qtsql module...
> Generating the C++ source for the qtui module... Creating the
> Makefile for the qtui module... Generating the C++ source for the
> qtcanvas module... Creating the Makefile for the qtcanvas module...
> Generating the C++ source for the qtnetwork module... Creating the
> Makefile for the qtnetwork module... Generating the C++ source for
> the qttable module... Creating the Makefile for the qttable
> module... Generating the C++ source for the qtxml module... Creating
> the Makefile for the qtxml module... Creating pyuic Makefile...
> Creating pylupdate Makefile... Creating top level Makefile...
> Creating pyqtconfig.py... [root at dhcppc0 PyQt-x11-gpl-3.13]# make
> make[1]: Entering directory `/dat/pub/src/not-mau/PyQt-x11-gpl-3.13/qt'
> g++ -c -pipe -fno-exceptions -fPIC -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe
> -march=i586 -mtune=pentiumpro -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG
> -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -I. -I/usr/include/python2.3
> [...]

Strange. It looks like you should README.Linux in the PyQt sources.
It is strange, because it should not be needed with newer versions
of PyQt (not needed for PyQt-3.13 on Mandrake-10.0)

I solved such problems for PyQt-3.8 on Mandrake by doing

# Instead of README.Linux
cp /usr/lib/qt3/include/qconfig.h qt
chmod 644 qt/qconfig.h
cat >> qt/qconfig.h << EOF