[PyKDE] PyKDE Widgets with pyuic

Herman Geldenhhuys hgeldenhuys at gims.com
Thu Oct 7 13:16:21 BST 2004

Hi.

I have designed a ui file in Qt designer using KDE Widgets. After I
compile the forms using pyuic and I run the generated script, I get
errors telling me that my KDEWidgets are not defined globally:
-------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "findbox.py", line 90, in ?
    w = FindBox()
  File "findbox.py", line 33, in __init__
    self.kLineEdit1 = KLineEdit(self,"kLineEdit1")
NameError: global name 'KLineEdit' is not defined
-------

When I look in the generated py file, I do not see anyplace where the
KDE libs (kdeui etc) are imported. When I manually write an import
statement, namely "from kdeui import *" and again run the generated
python script, I always get a "segmentation fault" error.

So, how do I make my PyKDE work with pyuic (Qt Designer)?

Relevant RPMS installed on my machine (on fedora core 2 system):
qt-3.3.3-0.1
qt-devel-3.3.3-0.1
qt-designer-3.3.3-0.1
PyQt-3.13-1