[PyKDE] PyQT install fails

Rick Graves gravesricharde at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 21:08:02 GMT 2004

Phil,

> If your distro includes SIP then it will also
> include a compatible version of PyQt.

Not RHEL 3.  It has SIP but not PyQt.  CentOS has
everything that RHEL 3 has, and more, but PyQt is not
among the addons.

> I would recommend removing your SIP RPM and building
> SIP v4.1.1. Then build PyQt again (from a clean
> install).

I removed SIP no problem, the only dependency was
sip-devel, which I also removed.

I downloaded sip 4.1.1 from a fedora mirror, but rpm
would not install it, as it says it needs python 2.3.2
(I have python 2.2 AND python 2.3.4).

For me, maybe the path of least resistance is to start
with a fedora 3 install.  That would have sip 4.1.1
with a compatible python, and PyQt-3.13-1.

Does this sound workable to you?

Thanks,

Rick

--- Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk>