[PyKDE] RE: Slow memory leak when paintCell is overridden in QListViewItem

Tuvi, Selim stuvi at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Nov 22 19:57:36 GMT 2004

I re-tested against sip-snapshot-20041121 (also rebuilt PyQt 3.13) and I still observe the slow memory leak. With the paintCell override VM size increased from 3000k to around 11000k in about 5 minutes. This is about the same rate that I had observed with SIP 4.1 and PyQt 3.13, so nothing seems to have changed between the two SIP versions.

I also tried the latest SIP snapshot by not overriding paintCell and I did observe a very small memory increase initially but I am not sure if I can call it a leak. It increased from 2980k to 3032k after 5 minutes of running and kept that value afterwards (I ran it for about half an hour).

-Selim