[PyKDE] Complete newbie mac question...

Kevin Walzer sw at wordtech-software.com
Wed Nov 3 18:06:27 GMT 2004

Do you have $QTDIR set up correctly in your path? I have PyQt built on
my system (10.3.5) and encountered no error when I ran import qt in the
shell.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm putting together a binary package
installer of PyQt for OS X--it's been approved as a Sourceforge project
and I just need to make sure everything is bundled correctly. If you can
wait another week or two, everything should be ready soon.

Timothy Grant wrote:
| On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:54:53 +0000, Phil Thompson
| <phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
|
|>On Monday 01 November 2004 9:21 pm, Timothy Grant wrote:
|>

|>>...That is probably off-topic, but I'm going to ask here anyway.
|>>
|>>When I try and build sip on OS/X I get the following error.
|>>
|>>Error: This version of Qt seems to use tmake but the TMAKEPATH
environment
|>>is not set.
|>>
|>>My search has turned up all sorts of possible ways to set this, but
|>>none of them seem to work.
|>>
|>>So if some kind soul would point me in the right direction I'd appreciate
|>>it.
|>>
|>>Thank you very much.
|>
|>The error message is a bit misleading. QMAKESPEC needs to be set - and
should
|>have been set automatically if your Qt configuration is correct.
|>
|>Phil
|

| Thanks Phil.
|
| I went back, more carefully followed every detail of the instructions
| and rebuilt from Qt forward and everything built just fine.
|
| Now, however, when I run python and import Qt I get the following:
|
| Python 2.3.3 (#1, Aug 23 2004, 20:06:57)
| [GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1640)] on darwin
| Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

| Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
|
| Do I need to install the Fink version of Python?

- --
Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software--Open Source Applications and Packages for OS X
http://www.wordtech-software.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com