[PyKDE] Using custom components and Qt Designer with QWidgetFactory in PyQt

Truls A. Tangstad kerfue+pykde at herocamp.org
Wed Nov 3 16:55:49 GMT 2004

We've almost fully converted to designing all dialogboxes and other
application windows in Qt Designer to use in our PyQt application, but
I've come into a difficulty with wanting to use custom widgets
created in Python with the Qt Designer designed dialogs.

I've noted a tutorial[1] doing just that by embedding python code into
the Comments field of the form, but that only seems to work when using
pyuic to create python-code from the .ui-files. We use QWidgetFactory
exclusively to generate the widgets runtime from the .ui-files, and
using pyuic would put us back into gui-design stoneage again (gui
mixed too much with other code, and hard to redesign components).

Is there a way to use Qt Designer to embed python-created components
into dialogs etc. when they are loaded with QWidgetFactory inty our
python application?

[1] - http://www.pycs.net/lateral/stories/27.html
--
Truls A. Tangstad - <kerfue+pykde at h e r o c a m p.org>