[PyKDE] Complete newbie mac question...

Timothy Grant timothy.grant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 16:44:52 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 20:54:53 +0000, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk> wrote:
> On Monday 01 November 2004 9:21 pm, Timothy Grant wrote:
>

> > ...That is probably off-topic, but I'm going to ask here anyway.
> >
> > When I try and build sip on OS/X I get the following error.
> >
> > Error: This version of Qt seems to use tmake but the TMAKEPATH environment
> > is not set.
> >
> > My search has turned up all sorts of possible ways to set this, but
> > none of them seem to work.
> >
> > So if some kind soul would point me in the right direction I'd appreciate
> > it.
> >
> > Thank you very much.
>
> The error message is a bit misleading. QMAKESPEC needs to be set - and should
> have been set automatically if your Qt configuration is correct.
>
> Phil

Thanks Phil.

I went back, more carefully followed every detail of the instructions
and rebuilt from Qt forward and everything built just fine.

Now, however, when I run python and import Qt I get the following:

Python 2.3.3 (#1, Aug 23 2004, 20:06:57)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1640)] on darwin
>>> import qt
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)

Do I need to install the Fink version of Python?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.