[PyKDE] GUI and PyQt - how to begin?

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Sun May 30 10:04:00 BST 2004

I'm trying to wrap my head around my first GUI program with PyQt, but
I still have big problems with the GUI "event driven" paradigm and the
OOP terminlogy. I tried to study Boudewijn Rempt's "GUI Programming
with Python: QT Edition" but it is "too much" for me.

So how and where to start? I bought "BlackAdder" - which makes it easy
to design widgets/controls/forms - but how to connect the widget with
the action?

I'd like to create a simple program with two buttons where one button
simply displays "hello" and the other button would display an input
box and multiplies the number I type by two.

Does anyone know a resource similar to "Thinking in TKinter"[1] for
GUI and OOP newbies?!

Thanks, Thorsten

[1] http://www.ferg.org/thinking_in_tkinter/