[PyKDE] Systray icons in PyQt

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu May 27 12:18:00 BST 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004 00:26:11, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 May 2004 03:52, Torsten Marek wrote:
> > (sorry, but I'm too lazy right know to find out all the links). All
> > you need to do is to call some functions in libX11.so. For that,
> > you need the Display
> > (qt_x11_display()) and the WindowID (QWidget.winId())
>
> First of all: well done, Thorsten.

It's really impressive to see how it was achieved. I didn't realise that
the ctypes module made this sort of thing so straightforward. It appears to
work just as well as the KSystemTray class, too.

> > So far, there are several ways to do the C calls from Python:
> > - extension module
> > - Pyrex

I don't think Pyrex really works all that well with C++, but maybe I didn't
try hard enough to get them working together.

David