[PyKDE] Kontact Plugins

Peter Clark peter-clark at bethel.edu
Sat May 22 11:59:01 BST 2004

    Are there any guides to developing a Kontact plugin? I'd like to write a
PyQt program that a.) gets a list of the mail servers and fetch the headers
for new messages and b.) offers the option of deleting specific messages. I
know that similar programs exist, but none offer integration with
KMail/Kontact. I don't need anything specific for PyQt and Kontact (since I'm
fairly certain such documentation doesn't exist), but even general C++ might
be helpful.
    Also, if anyone happens to know how to grab a list of ther servers that
KMail checks for mail, that would also be helpful.
DCOP:kmail->KMailIface->accounts() displays the list of servers, but not the
specific information that I would need (i.e. username, password, server
address, port, etc.). Worse comes to worse, I can just write a dialog that
duplicates Settings->Configure Kmail->Network->Receiving, but I'd rather just
use what's already setup in KMail.
    :Peter